martes, 7 de enero de 2014

All these days, thinking of how I was not posting on this blog and how my plans to become the Next Millionaire were suddenly left into oblivion thanks to the busy daily routines. And you must be saying, “Are you supposed to be the Next Millionaire? No way… even I´m more consistent with my stuff” or maybe you are saying the same words in a less polite expression…probably.
So I don´t have any excuse, just to be absorbed with work and the online store (for those who read my previous post) which has actually been a little bit forgotten  but still working on this project every day; although, I know I need  to give it much more attention than normal, definitely…
So my mind has been busier than usual, let me tell you why. I remember I told you that I´m not the typical person that concentrates in saving and saving money… I believe in living the life at the same time…
My reason for actually making more money is that I would like to be free enough to travel around the world, at my leisure time and in all the comfort I want (not backpacking, already did a little bit of that and it´s something that you may do once in a while but not for your whole life). So my mom and I bought tickets for London for vacations next year (a long time mother-daughter dreamed trip). We got a very good deal for the airplane tickets (REALLY GOOD) and we couldn´t pass it. So at the end of the year we will have to prepare for our visa applications, travel to La Paz (Bolivia´s main city) and present a bunch of very complicated documents to the UK Embassy. This gets me very stressed because I know that the British embassy is being very strict with visa applications and a huge deal of them have been denied recently. I don´t know what will happen but I´m already making plans, looking for hotels, London passes, tube travel cards, tours to Skye in Scotland, etc. So as an avid internet searcher, I have spent literally days looking for information, including budget restaurants and the tourist attractions that are worth to visit (I´ve been to London before, but many years ago, I studied in Glasgow, Scotland for a year).
Image
All this information comes very nicely to my plans, but then from one moment to the other I suddenly remember the visa thing and I get worried. The only possible way to ensure that you can definitely (100 %) get a visa seems to be to show very but VERY good financial incomes (we are talking rich-level type for my country), which is kind of unfair, they (the people who grant the visas) seem to think that the only people that could go on holidays from Bolivia to the UK, would be the very VERY rich ones, not the middle class (or the ones that have saved for that trip, like me for instance… Hey! I only save for trips), these last ones are suspicious for illegal immigration; and I really hate this generalization, one cannot aspire to budget travel because is subject to suspicions…
The end of this story will be read here in this blog, probably around January next year (because they take almost like a month to give you the verdict). I would like to hear your comments about this? Maybe I´m just talking nonsense here ….
Image
Image source: www.mirror.co.uk
Anyway, I have decided now to focus on the Next Millionaire plan, so one day I won´t have to worried about been rejected for not having large quantities of money and wanting to travel anywhere in the world…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario