martes, 7 de enero de 2014

I said that this would be an honest blog about my path of how to become a millionaire, but I didn’t want to write one more of those blogs with secrets for success or self-help. I just wanted this to be a witness of my life journey, and well as any ordinary life, I have daily issues and experiences like any normal being no matter how nuts I may sound or be.
So, tomorrow is my best friend´s bachelorette party (hen party for my British friends) and since I´m the best friend and in some way “maid of honor” (we don´t have that tradition here in Bolivia but we have another similar role “testigo religioso” some sort of “religious witness”) I felt obliged to take control of the organization of the mentioned party. So tomorrow is the day, and I just hope that everything goes ok. I actually enjoyed the planning part. The bride didn´t want strippers so it was hard to plan without this actually… but anyway…
Image
Image source: www.yourwedding-lb.com
These days with the party planning, my favorite aunt´s birthday and the launch of my virtual store had been a nightmare… and it looks like the weekend is going to be everything but not rest.
So the virtual store is one of my backup plans for generating more incomes. You see, here in my country, it is very difficult to get a credit card, lots of requisites and bureaucracy, so very few people actually have it. I got mine 6 years ago, before traveling to the UK to study; I knew that my traveling experiences were going to need a credit card.  Eventually, when I was living in the UK, I found the world of “online shopping” and got attached to that…
Image
Image source: www.digitalqatar.qa
So, when I came back to my country, I missed that… People here don´t shop online because 1) they don´t usually have credit cards 2) the ones that have don´t trust too much on giving their card numbers on internet sites 3) people don´t know how would things will be shipped to Bolivia. And believe it or not, the third point was an important issue for me too… Our postal service is not great, and people generally don´t trust it, and here the culture of using post mail is actually inexistent.
So, when I lost my fear about receiving things from abroad, I actually found that there was nothing to worry about, things got here (it took more than a month) but they got here eventually, and in some exceptional cases when they got lost, sites as EBay and Amazon will have the buyer protection policy and refund me.
So a whole new world of “online shopping” was opened to me. You know people here, with internet and globalization, get the same TV programs, movies and stuff like that, almost at the same time as anybody in the planet. I´m happy to mention that movies premieres here in Bolivia are legally done on the same day as worldwide premieres, sometimes even before than the US.  So what does this have to do with “online shopping”? Well people here are exposed to the same things as anybody abroad but nobody brings the related merchandise (t- shirts, wallets, toys, etc.) and let´s face it, there is also a wide market of the variety of things that you can get from sites as Ebay for example.
So for people who live here in my country that won´t ever go through the credit card process, are not familiar of how to search (yep searching is big factor) or buy online, I do that for them and handle the tracking and shipping process as well, and of course charge a little commission.
Image
Image source: www.mozakdesign.com
So, that´s one of my many projects, it may not sound  “wow” enough for you, but it is something that I can do from home and without investing a huge deal of money. The virtual store  that I have set up (which gives you options of the things that you can buy, for there are many people that don´t know what could be ordered online) has been launched last week, and with the help of some Facebook campaigns, it has gone pretty well, I´m thrilled and happy with this.
After all, is all about trying right? I can´t lose anything with this random plan B…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario