martes, 7 de enero de 2014

So this Next millionaire is really confused, so many things going on in my head, that I hardly can plan and most of all act.
So many things happened since the last time I wrote.  My job as technical writer has kept me very busy but also the tiredness from working hard has left me without much energy for continue working at home with the online store, the writing project, and other projects.
I’ve started to wonder about the future of my online store, I don’t want to give up very fast, but it seems that the business won’t have too much future.  Many people have started to work on similar projects, but the main issue, that I had this time, is that shipping service has awfully been delayed all this time, products from China are not arriving or are taking more than one month to arrive, and people are getting anxious and annoyed. So all these things have disappointed me a little bit and made me think about the future of this business…
On the other side, the technical writing seemed to be going well, but the job may be a little bit unstable, software companies change owners, they are frequently bought by others, and outsourcing from my country is compromised. It wouldn’t matter at all if I were into programming or quality testing but I’m one of the two only technical writers in my company, and there is not much technical writing requirement in the same company… so my future is not certain here, not many opportunities to move in between projects in case something happens… and I do enjoy this work… but better start planning backup plans.
So, my big dream is becoming the next millionaire but only for one main purpose:  to be able to have the kind of life that allows me to travel around the world, live in many places for periods of time and learn about their language and traditions.  From my Bolivian perspective, I really need a lot of money, enough to make visa applications accepted without problems. All western countries seem to be suspicious about a Bolivian person trying to just travel around the world without thinking that she may be immigrating illegally… sigh… I really hate that part…
Image
Source Image: nuariapekas.blogspot.com
Anyway, since the job and the online store may go to a dead-end in the future, I have to work on other plans, so I’m looking to do things that will allow me to keep on working while traveling, and well that includes mostly online jobs.
So writing is my other dream too, but let’s face it, that’s a very hard long path, it’s not like I will be discovered very soon by a publisher and make lots of money. Someday, I hope that I will achieve good things in this field, and I really need to keep on working and accept the fact that the road is not going to be easy at all, many rejections probably at the beginning, but lots of hard work, I still need to discipline myself in the act of writing at least one hour a day, which I have been failing for the past weeks.
Image
Image source: www.yourfamilytreemag.co.uk
So what other options until I become a famous writer? Here is a list of things that I could do online, and that I enjoy doing most than all:
-          Freelance writing for magazines
-          Copywriting
-          Monetizing blog
-          Software beta testing
-          Social media admin
-          Graphic designing (where I need to improve my skills)
Any more ideas? Some suggestions? 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario